So you just purchased your home, moved in, and unpacked. My Go To Guy wants to remind you of a few things to check on, so they don’t become major problems later!
- Replace the furnace filter. This is a very simple task that can save your furnace and cooling system. Set up a routine of changing your filters.
- Check your roof and crawl spaces for any leaks. Make sure that every space is properly sealed and closed up. A leak in your roof could cause major problems inside of your home.
- Check smoke and CO detectors. These are a great way to protect your family, if they are working properly. Make sure to test them as well as replace their batteries. It is also important to install new ones every few years.
- Clean your AC unit. Annual AC maintenance saves you money by increasing its efficiency and preventing break downs.
- Is your sump pump working? With all of the recent rains, its best to make sure your sump pump is in working order. No one wants to come home to a flooded home. To avoid a disaster, make sure your pump has a vertical float switch. Make sure to check your pump several times a year. If there is ever any question, it is best to replace your pump.
- Replace rubber washing machine hoses. Once again an old hose can leak, or ever worst bust when you least expect it. Make sure to replace your hose to prevent a costly flood.
- Flush the water heater. This will help to remove sediment and reduce the efficiency of your water heater.
- Install a whole house surge protector. This will prevent your plug-in electronics from voltage surges which would be a costly problem to replace all of your electronics.
If any of these need to be checked or replaced, give My Go To Guy a call at 765-748-0334. We can handle all of your home needs to make sure that you don’t face a huge home catastrophe.